Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hello World

This is a blog about travel. Even though I am certainly not a seasoned professional, travel is, and has always been, a passion of mine. In my 28 years I have had the privilege of living in two countries (okay, I admit that Canada and the U.S. aren’t exactly the epitome of exotic), I have visited 11 countries, set foot on three continents, and dipped my toes in two oceans and two seas. I have a long list of destinations I dream of visiting, but, due to time and money constraints, I have come to terms with the fact that my passion will be realized over the course of my lifetime and not all within the next five years!


In the meantime, as I save up and talk my husband into the latest travel idea, I am content with "traveling" right here at home. The idea of travel is not merely limited to international airports or knowing how to ask where the bathroom is in a different language. Every time I wander down an unfamiliar street or try a new restaurant or take a day trip to the coast, I am traveling. Not only that, but each day presents us with a journey. Our most mundane, routine tasks take us somewhere. It might not be overly exciting or fresh and new, but it is a journey nonetheless. As I muse about those seemingly insignificant travels and the occasional thrilling excursion, I hope you find inspiration to do some traveling of your own, both near and far.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

How true! Each day is a journey and it is taking us in a distinct direction. As John Maxwell says " Your life today is a result of your thinking yesterday. Your life tomorrow will be determined by what you think today." Thus, we need to be thinking and planning. We are all on a journey and life will take us wherever we allow it to. The trick is to enjoy the journey and have some input as to where life takes us.
Anne

Post a Comment